Sunday, January 8, 2012

Trailer Time

picture was taken in the fall

Dennis and his Marine flag



two deer in field
Or this could be called the tail of two trailers.  We bought a trailer on Blackwell Lake in Oklahoma in the summer of 2010.  I never liked the place, and we rarely went because of many reasons.  For one it was boring as we didn't know anyone.  Then this fall my friend Jan Mueller told me that her son had his trailer for sale that was in an area south of Winfield.  We had been to the area before to visit Jan and her husband so we went down and fell in love really fast.  It is a nice big trailer, beautiful view and the best part is fabulous neighbors.  As a bonus there is 800 acres for Dennis to hunt on and four ponds to fish in.   We have already had many good times down there around a fire pit or having supper together with others.   We love it and are looking forward to many more good times in the Trailerhood.

Dennis and I went down Friday and Laura followed us so she could see it then she went on to Ponca.  The weather was perfect Friday - I sat outside reading a book and Dennis went off to look for places to hunt deer.   Another nice thing is we get tv stations there so we were able to watch Kstate in the Cotton Bowl Friday night.

Dennis went hunting Friday evening and when he got back I asked if he saw any and he said no - not a one.  I showed them the pictures I took of the two deer that were just down from our trailer while he was gone, so the next night he sat in a lawn chair next to the trailer but the deer didn't show up this time.
 

1 comment:

Jan Mueller said...

We love our new neighbors too!